|6mg × 10 tablet||A$ 43.79Per pill A$ 4.38||A$ 4.38||Add to cart|
|6mg × 20 tablet||A$ 73.04Per pill A$ 3.65||A$ 3.65||A$ 14.55||Add to cart|
|6mg × 30 tablet||A$ 87.66Per pill A$ 2.92||A$ 2.92||A$ 43.72||Add to cart|
|6mg × 60 tablet||A$ 109.59Per pill A$ 1.83||A$ 1.83||A$ 153.17||Add to cart|
|6mg × 90 tablet||A$ 131.52Per pill A$ 1.46||A$ 1.46||A$ 262.61||Add to cart|
|6mg × 120 tablet||A$ 146.15Per pill A$ 1.22||A$ 1.22||A$ 379.37||Add to cart|
|6mg × 180 tablet||A$ 190.01Per pill A$ 1.06||A$ 1.06||A$ 598.26||Add to cart|
|24mg × 12 tablet||A$ 102.28Per pill A$ 8.52||A$ 8.52||Add to cart|
|24mg × 24 tablet||A$ 190.01Per pill A$ 7.92||A$ 7.92||A$ 14.55||Add to cart|
|24mg × 36 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 277.74Per pill A$ 7.72||A$ 7.72||A$ 29.10||Add to cart|
|24mg × 60 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 438.59Per pill A$ 7.31||A$ 7.31||A$ 72.82||Add to cart|
|24mg × 90 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 635.98Per pill A$ 7.07||A$ 7.07||A$ 131.12||Add to cart|
|24mg × 120 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 804.14Per pill A$ 6.70||A$ 6.70||A$ 218.67||Add to cart|
|30mg × 12 tablet||A$ 131.52Per pill A$ 10.96||A$ 10.96||Add to cart|
|30mg × 24 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 233.88Per pill A$ 9.74||A$ 9.74||A$ 29.17||Add to cart|
|30mg × 36 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 336.23Per pill A$ 9.34||A$ 9.34||A$ 58.34||Add to cart|
|30mg × 60 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 526.32Per pill A$ 8.77||A$ 8.77||A$ 131.31||Add to cart|
|30mg × 90 tablet Free AirMail shipping||A$ 731.03Per pill A$ 8.12||A$ 8.12||A$ 255.41||Add to cart|
What is this medicine?
Deflazacort a corticosteroid indicated for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) in patients 5 years of age and older.
What should I tell my health care providers before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to deflazacort;
- Alterations in Endocrine Function: Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis suppression, Cushing’s syndrome, and hyperglycemia;
- Immunosuppression and Increased Risk of Infection: Increased risk of new, exacerbation, dissemination, or reactivation of latent infections, which can be severe and at times fatal;
- Alterations in Cardiovascular/Renal Function: elevated blood pressure and sodium, and for decreased potassium level;
- Gastrointestinal Perforation: GI disorders;
- Behavioral and Mood Disturbances: euphoria, insomnia, mood swings, personality changes, severe depression, and psychosis;
- Effects on Bones: decreases in bone mineral density;
- Serious Skin Rashes;
- Ophthalmic Effects: May include cataracts, infections, and glaucoma;
- Vaccination: Do not administer live or live attenuated vaccines to patients receiving immunosuppressive doses of corticosteroids.
How should I use this medicine?
The recommended once-daily dosage is approximately 0.9 mg/kg/day administered orally. Discontinue gradually when administered for more than a few day..
What may interact with this medicine?
- Moderate or strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: Give one third of the recommended dosage;
- Avoid use of moderate or strong CYP3A4 inducers, as they may reduce efficacy.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
The most common adverse reactions are Cushingoid appearance, weight increased, increased appetite, upper respiratory tract infection, cough, pollakiuria, hirsutism, central obesity, and nasopharyngitis.